Welcome

Welcome

Welcome to Fillmore Farms on the web…

Fillmore Farms specializes in providing raw, high quality, organic English Walnuts for the discriminating consumer.

Our walnuts are grown in Northern California, one of the top English Walnut growing regions in the world. Nestled in the northern Sacramento Valley between the Feather and Sacramento Rivers and in the shadow of the Sutter Buttes, the climate, soil and water supply all combine to provide a wonderful growing environment. Combined with our emphasis on organic nutritional value, these walnuts provide a tasty, healthful treat.

In addition to being grown with our existing organic farming methods, a portion of our crop is dried at ambient air temperature (ambient air dried) and never frozen. We believe this helps preserve the flavor and nutritional content of the raw walnut.

19 Responses to “Welcome”

1. Marcia Dunbar says:

How much are your organic english walnuts per pound and is there a minimum order that one needs to purchase/

2. admin says:

Hi Marcia,

Sorry for the delay in replying. They are $6.75 per pound…and there is no minimum, although it is more cost effective (with shipping) to buy more than one pound. You can read more about costs/etc. at our online store:

My best,

Alan
    Fillmore Farms Webmaster

3. Melissa Austin says:

Hello,
    I’m a little confused with the pricing. Your reply to Marcia above states that your walnuts are $6.75 per pound, but your online store says they are $7.45 per pound. I’d like to order about 5-6 pounds. What would be my price?
    Thanks,
    Melissa

4. admin says:

Hi Melissa…

$6.75 was last year’s crop’s price…so the cost would be $7.45 per pound this year. If you get 6 pounds it would be $56.00 (including shipping).

Sorry for the confusion,

Alan
    Fillmore Farms Webmaster

5. Marjorie Lyne says:

Ordered another box of your fabulous walnuts. This year’s crop is even better than last year’s! I would not have thought it was possible. These are AMAZING nuts! Thank you for all the energy you put into your work!

• Brit says:

Thank you, Marjorie. I blush–thank you for your kind words. Every year poses new challenges and the whole family and team work together to make available the best product we can to our customers. Enjoy!

6. suzanne says:

Can you offer any shipping info? We are in Tennessee – zip 37924 – and I’m interested in ordering 5 lbs organic walnuts.
    Thank you!

• admin says:

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for asking. Up to 7 pounds of walnuts ships for $11.30 (we use the Post Office’s single-rate boxes).

If you visit our on-line store (http://www.fillmorefarms.com/store/) you can see the exact total without actually committing to purchase. Please just put the 5 pounds into the cart and then go to checkout.

Hope that helps,

Alan
      Fillmore Farms Webmaster

• Suzicat says:

Ok thanks. I tried to do that but in order to go further I had to enter all kinds of info, as if I were making a purchase, name,address,card info, etc…

• admin says:

Hmmm…when I hit check-out it didn’t require me to enter any info before showing me the total. Sorry for the trouble. In either case, it would be $50.05 if you purchase the ambient air-dried or $48.55 for the heat dried. It appears it does calculate the shipping if you just look at the cart (since our shipping is not zip code dependent).

Thanks for your interest in our walnuts. I am but a tech guy, but I know I think they are great. πŸ™‚

My best,

Alan

7. sue says:

can I buy in-shell nuts? prefer to crack my own so they aren’t abraded in the processing. Keeps me out of trouble, too Could pick up if they are available.

• admin says:

Sure. Please visit our Contact Us page for options to connect with us and ordered unshelled walnuts.

• Brit says:

Hi Sue,

Inshell walnuts are generally available from October until Mar/April. We don’t currently have any inshell walnuts for sale since they have all been through the shelling process. Fee free to contact us during those months and we’ll be happy to supply them. You may contact us at info@fillmorefarms.com.

8. Michael Wright says:

Are there any health benefits of flame-dried versus ambient air-dried walnuts?

• Brit Fillmore says:

Hi Michael,
      My apologies for the lateness in response. Your inquiry ended up in my spam folder and I just found it today.

The nutritional value of both drying treatments are the same. Some customers prefer a “natural” method of drying the walnuts versus using heated air to dry them.

Feel free to contact me at brit@fillmorefarms.com if you have additional questions.

Thank you for choosing Fillmore Farms!
      Brit

9. Tania says:

Dear Fillmore Farm Folks – I received my order of walnuts and WOW! They are fantastic! Very fresh, sweet and flavorful. I have had such a difficult time recently getting organic walnuts that are not rancid – it is such a relief to have found your farm! I appreciate your prompt response to my questions and prompt shipping service – and at VERY reasonable prices! Thanks a million and keep up the good work!
    Kindly, ~Tania

10. Karen says:

Such a pleasant surprise to receive the beautiful tastey fresh walnuts we received recently. Could not stop snacking! Will be ordering more soon. Thanks Fillmore Farms for a truly wonderful product.